- For soiled diapers, rinse the diaper flap portion in cold water.
- Fold fastening tabs closed.
- Half fill your diaper pail with cold water and add 1/4 cup of
baking soda, vinegar, or an additive recommended for
- Soak overnight.
- Stubborn stains can be treated with a stain remover.
Follow manufacturer's recommendations.
- DO NOT use bleach, pure soap, or detergent, this will cause
breakdown of the diaper's fibres.
- Empty contents into washer and spin out excess water.
- Wash in warm water with your choice of detergent.
Use approximately half of the recommended quantity.
- Thoroughly rinse diapers. Use a second rinse if required.
- Diapers should be washed separately.
- DO NOT use detergents that contain pure soap or fabric
softener. They leave a coating on the diapers that may affect
- DO NOT use bleach. It will drastically weaken the fabric and is
not safe for baby’s delicate skin.
- Tumble dry on a low heat setting or hang to dry.
- Weather permitting you can hang diapers outdoors. Sunshine
is a natural whitener!
- Diapers may take longer to dry than other articles of clothing.
To shorten drying time, a dry towel can be added to dryer to
- DO NOT use fabric softener. It leaves a coating on the diapers
that may affect the absorbency.
- DO NOT dry on high heat and/or for excessive lengths of time.
It may prematurely wear out the diapers and/or damage the